Monday 22 April 2013

The Great Gatsby

Oh, I am so looking forward to this movie! All the glamour, glitz and wonderful fashions of the roaring twenties! I really loved the Robert Redford version from many years ago, but I am ready for this remake!

A couple of hours sharing in this amazing era of glamorous gowns and opulent jewels with a soundtrack from Beyonce, Florence and The Machine and Lana del Rey...frock on!

I remember it being a sad read so I shall iron my handkerchief in anticipation! A brief synopsis...Nick Carraway (Tobey Maguire) is an aspiring stock broker in 1920s New York. Living on the outskirts of town, he re-establishes a friendship with his cousin, Daisy (Carey Mulligan), and her husband, Tom Buchanan (Joel Edgerton). Nick also befriends golfer Jordan Baker (Elizabeth Debicki), who is pressured by Daisy to begin a romance with Nick. Jordan informs Nick of his neighbour, the rich and enigmatic Jay Gatsby (Leonardo DiCaprio) who is famed for staging large, flamboyant parties for the region's elite. While getting to know Gatsby, Nick learns of a love affair between Gatsby and Daisy that was broken by the First World War. Now, Nick is caught in the crossroads of a staged game aimed at recreating the past. Soon it begins to show that greatness can sometimes be a front to one's true identity.

I am hoping for some inspiration on how to revamp my wardrobe using beads that I inherited from way back. do you think this could count as a business expense??




No comments:

Post a Comment